Senin, 05 April 2010

The answer for 1st task of Language Testing

The 1st task of Language Testing

1. Teaching is the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill.
2. Teachers and students.
3. Enter the class, greeting, introduction, give the materials, and closing.
4. I have experience when I teach in CLC (Children language Course), I teach for Elementary level, apparently its not easy because I not only teach but I must very patient with them and I must always give they sprit to learn English when they feel bad mood. If they feel difficult to understand the material I must repeat and give explanation again until they understand about the material, so I think teaching for elementary level is more difficult than teaching for junior or senior high school.
5. Assessment is the systematic collection of information about student learning, including activities, and functions
6. Assessment important because it to find out what the students knowledge, to find out what the students can do, to find out how students go about the task of doing their work, to find out how students feel about their work.
7. There are three functions of assessment: (1) diagnostic: tells us what the student needs to learn (2) formative: tells us how well the student is going as work progresses, (3) summative: tells us how well the student did at the end of a unit/task.
8. That should we assess are: student work at all stages of development but particularly at the end, student process, acquisition of knowledge and skills, development of sophistication and complexity in student work
9. We can assess: day-to-day observation, tests and quizzes, rubrics, rating scales, project work, portfolios
10. Use it to improve the focus of our teaching, use it to focus student attention on strengths and weaknesses, use it to improve program planning, use it for reporting to parents
11. According to Allen Philips, a test is commonly defined as a tool or instrument of measurement that is used to obtain data about a specific trait or characteristic of an individual or group
12. Assessment is a more general process of gathering data to evaluate an examinee. Test is a thing or product that measures a particular behavior or set of objectives
13. Multiple-choice test, Example: we give the student material of the test then they must do the test with choosing one from A B C or D that they feel correct answer. We give the time for them to answer the question and then we collect again the material the last we will do correction with rule of the result.
14. I have experience about taking a test, when I taking 1st TOEFL test I feel nervous and I am not confident to answer the question because I have not prepare the test and for the moment I always thinking I will get bad score.
The next week when I see the result I am surprise because I get score not really bad than the other.

1 komentar: